Many people are keen to improve their diet, but short on ideas of what to have for their meals. Over the next few posts, I’ll be sharing a few meal ideas, and hope you’ll comment with some of your own favorite healthy meal ideas.
- Porridge made with water, Rice Dream, soya or almond milk – add a little honey to sweeten, or a tablespoon of chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds, dried or fresh fruit – for instance a mashed banana
- Organic muesli or sugar free cornflakes or rice crispies with Rice Dream, soya or almond milk
- Shredded wheat or puffed wheat if no intolerance suspected – not every day
- Live plain yoghurt with a teaspoon of sugar free jam, or nuts and fruit (look for Sojasun)
- Scrambled egg with smoked salmon
- If time is really short, a protein meal replacement drink
- Poached or boiled egg with rye toast
- Grilled tomatoes and mushrooms on rye toast
- Whole Earth baked beans on rye toast
- A tablespoon of Whole Earth peanut butter on rye toast
- Thanks to Katie Freiling for her Green Breakfast Smoothie recipe
More ideas welcome – please add a comment with your favorite healthy breakfast!